Helping ease all your aches and pains.
The Arthritis and Joint Integration Program at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center provides comprehensive, rehabilitative care for people with arthritis, joint pain or joint replacement. Our individualized care programs focus on pain relief, improved movement and increased strength and flexibility for the highest level of function and independence. The rehabilitation staff works closely with Ohio State's Department of Orthopaedics to meet the needs of patients with arthritis and joint problems.
In certain cases, your care provider may recommend surgery, such as total or partial joint replacement where all or part of the damaged joint is replaced, if your arthritis-related joint pain is not relieved by nonsurgical methods.
Our goal is to get you to a functional level that allows you to perform at your job and gains you the most independence in your daily activities.
We treat patients from young adults to the elderly with arthritis and related conditions, such as:
- Post-traumatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Recovery from arthroscopy surgery
- Recovery from arthroplasty
- Preparation for joint replacement or repair
- Recovery from joint replacement or repair
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
Our state-of-the-art rehabilitative programs are designed to improve arthritis-related joint pain, stiffness and limitations in movement. There are significant reasons to choose our programs and services:
- You receive an evaluation according to your needs, which guides your personalized program.
- Our programs consistently meet or exceed national standards on patient satisfaction and expectations of treatment outcomes as measured by Focus on Therapeutic Outcomes (FOTO). This organization has the largest outcomes database for rehabilitation.
- We are able to offer you three disciplines of therapy — physical, occupational and speech — during the same visit.
- We coordinate care for patients who come to us from the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation with joint issues aggravated or accelerated by work injuries.
- Our newly remodeled facility at The Ohio State University Hospital East features a fully functional kitchen, bathroom and living space for patients to practice cooking, cleaning and other useful activities.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation.
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available.