Helping you achieve a high quality of life and independence.
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's Brain Cancer Rehabilitation Program helps you and your family deal with the physical, cognitive and emotional challenges related to the diagnosis and treatment of brain cancer. Our brain cancer rehabilitation team creates a personalized care plan for you that addresses education, treatment and support.
Brain cancer occurs when cancer cells (malignant) develop in brain tissue. Cancer cells grow to form a mass of cancer tissue (tumor) that interferes with brain functions, such as muscle control, sensation and memory.
We provide services for people with brain cancer who:
- Have been recently diagnosed
- Are in need of physical, occupational, speech and cognitive treatments
- Are recovering from brain cancer surgery
- Are receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center has helped thousands of people with brain cancer achieve a high level of independence and quality of life. Our rehabilitative programs can help you regain lost skills or learn new ones. There are many important reasons for you to choose our programs and services:
- An expert team of healthcare professionals works together with brain cancer physicians and surgeons to create a comprehensive and personalized care plan for you.
- Our rehabilitation therapies focus on building strength so you can better tolerate your cancer treatments.
- You receive quality of life education, end-of-life counseling and pastoral care.
- We arrange for in-home equipment and a personalized discharge care plan if you have been given a short-term prognosis and want to remain at home.
- We are proud that the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredits our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs. CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation.
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available.