Teaching you the skills you need after injury or illness.
The Community Re-entry Program at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center teaches you the skills you need to maximize your independence after injury or illness. We help you adapt and function in your daily life environment, such as your community, home, work and school. We use simulations to allow you to practice the skills you need. Our goal is to enable you to reconnect with those parts of your life you functioned in before your injury or illness.
We provide care for patients with neurological impairments due to:
- Brain injury
- Multiple sclerosis, chronic disease of the central nervous system
- Parkinson's disease, disorder of the brain that leads to shaking and difficulty with walking, movement and coordination
- Spinal cord injury
- Stroke, blocked or bleeding blood vessel in the brain
- Multiple trauma, a number of injuries sustained at the same time
- Complex orthopedic conditions
- Other neurologic conditions, such as peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular diseases, chronic neuropathic pain
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
Our Community Re-entry Program provides opportunities for you to develop life skills, vocational skills and your individual talents. There are many important reasons to choose our programs and services:
- We design a personalized community re-entry plan based on your personal needs and goals. We specialize in the treatment of young adults with brain injuries. A team of expert healthcare professionals works together to provide comprehensive, innovative treatments tailored to meet your needs. We are proud that the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredits our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs. CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care. The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation.
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available.