Helping more than just your hands: Providing care for your injured fingers, wrists, forearms, elbows and shoulders.
The Hand and Upper Extremity Center at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center offers comprehensive care for hand or upper extremity conditions. Our expert team of healthcare professionals works together to care for conditions or injuries affecting your fingers, hand, wrist, forearm, elbow and shoulder. We provide your diagnosis, treatment, surgery and rehabilitation, all in one convenient location.
We provide comprehensive care and rehabilitation for patients with:
- Arthritis, inflammation, in fingers
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, a condition caused by compression of key nerves in the wrist resulting in numbness, weakness and pain in the hands and fingers
- Cubital tunnel syndrome, a repetitive stress injury with severe pain and numbness in the elbow and ring and little finger
- Dislocations, joint injuries that force the ends of bones out of position
- Distal radiounlar conditions, inflammation in the wrist joint
- Fractures, break in a bone
- Joint replacements
- Repetitive stress injuries, a type of injury from recurrent stress
- Shoulder and elbow disorders
- Soft tissue injuries, damage to muscles, ligaments and tendons
- Sports injuries
- Tendon lacerations
- Tendonitis, inflammation of a tendon
- Traumatic injuries, crush injuries, severed limbs or nerves, burns
- Work-related injuries
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
Our innovative Hand and Upper Extremity Center will help you return to maximum functionality and a quality lifestyle. There are many important reasons to choose our programs and services:
- Our experienced hand surgeons performed more than 2,000 surgeries, treatments and procedures last year.
- All diagnostic testing, treatment, surgery and rehabilitation services are conveniently performed in one location.
- Our team includes occupational therapists with special training and certification in hand and upper extremity care.
- Our surgeons perform minimally-invasive (endoscopic) carpal tunnel surgery, which uses smaller incisions and results in a faster recovery.
- As a Level I Trauma Center, we have hand surgeons available to treat all levels of traumatic hand and upper extremity injuries.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Orthopaedics Program is ranked by U.S.News & World Report as one of the premier sites in the country for orthopaedic surgery.
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available.