All patients at Dodd Hall are asked to sign in and sign out when leaving and returning to the unit. Nursing staff may use an electronic security system for patients at risk of wandering. Remote surveillance cameras are located at the front and rear entrances of the building and the Ernest W. Johnson Park. Doors are locked after visiting hours by security staff. For the safety of our patients, any visitor creating a disturbance or violating Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center policy will be escorted from the building.
How to Handle a Complaint or Ethical Violation
Treating patients with respect, dignity and compassion, while providing quality care, are mainstays of the Dodd Hall tradition. Your satisfaction is important to us. If you have any concerns or complaints while at Dodd Hall, we ask that you please follow the steps listed below so we can respond promptly and appropriately:
- For concerns relating to nursing care, talk to the Charge Nurse on your unit
- For concerns relating to therapy services, talk to the Lead Therapist on your service
- You will receive a response within eight hours
If the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction:
- Talk to the Nurse Manager on your unit for nursing concerns
- Talk to the Team Leader on your service for therapy concerns
- You will receive a verbal response to your concerns with 24 hours
If further assistance or clarification is needed:
- Contact the director of rehabilitation nursing (614-293-4734)
- Contact the director of rehabilitation services (614-293-9048)
- A written and verbal response will be provided within 48 hours
- Please feel free to contact the Customer Services Department at 614-293-8944
Guardianship and Advocacy
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Department of Social Work assists patients and families who have special need for protective services, such as guardianship, patient advocacy, legal services, conservatorship and child or adult protective services. Social workers and team leaders link patients to community resources, disability awareness activities and support groups.
Additionally, when there is an unresolved concern about patient abuse, neglect or a patient’s property in the facility, the Department of Social Work can provide information regarding the patient's rights to file a complaint with state survey and certification agencies.
Department of Social Work
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA)
The ADA was established by Congress to ensure that individuals with disabilities are treated without discrimination. Issues addressed include public housing and barriers to accessibility. The social worker assigned to your team can provide specific information about your rights under the law.