Providing expert care for osteoporosis and other bone diseases.
We care for patients who have conditions that affect the bones, such as:
- Osteoporosis, thinning or loss of bone tissue overtime
- Hyperparathyroidism, associated with bone loss that occurs when the body produces too much parathyroid hormone
- Osteomalacia, softening of bone due to lack of vitamin D or poor absorption
- Paget’s disease, a condition, thought to be caused by a virus, where bones become large, deformed and weak
- Renal osteodystrophy, a bone disease that occurs with chronic kidney disease and other rare metabolic bone diseases
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
Our team of experts specializes in treating osteoporosis and other bone diseases with innovative therapies and treatments. There are many important reasons to choose our programs and services:
- We have 40 years of experience in osteoporosis treatment and research with international recognition
- We offer our patients state-of-the-art bone mass imaging. Our physical therapists specialize in osteoporosis and unique therapies designed for our patients with extremely fragile bones
- We have a Specialty Intervention Program for our patients who continue to have bone fractures despite conventional treatment. We are proud that the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredits our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs. CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available