Providing treatment options to improve your back and neck pain.
Neck and Back Pain Rehabilitation at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is part of Ohio State’s Comprehensive Spine Center. We provide care for people with short-term or chronic back or neck pain caused by injury, trauma, disease or aging. Our integrated approach focuses on nonsurgical solutions to alleviate pain and restore function.
Back pain can range from a dull, constant ache to a sudden, sharp pain, and may last for days or months. We treat people with neck or back pain that may be related to:
- Arthritis, inflammation in the joints
- Degenerative disc disease, a gradual wear and tear process on the spine
- Osteoporosis, thinning or loss of bone tissue over time
- Radiculopathy, commonly referred to as sciatica and results from a problem with the nerves that run from the lower back down the back of each leg, causing pain, weakness or numbness and tingling
- Scoliosis, curvature of the spine
- Slipped or herniated disc, discs that cushion the bones of the spine slip out of place or rupture
- Muscle injury or strain, injury to either a muscle or a tendon
- Spinal stenosis, narrowing of the spine puts pressure on nerves
- Sprains, injury to the ligaments
- Whiplash, soft tissue injury to the neck
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
Our experienced team of specialists works together to provide conservative care based on rehabilitation to ease pain, manage your condition, promote recovery, increase function and prevent re-injury. There are many important reasons to choose our programs and services:
- We offer you rehabilitation and other non-surgical treatments before considering a surgical option
- You have immediate access to expert surgical care, if needed, through collaboration with Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center Comprehensive Spine Center
- We are proud that the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredits our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs. CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available