We're here to help you increase your range of motion and strength.
The Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center treats a wide variety of muscular, skeletal and orthopedic conditions. You will be evaluated by our expert team of professionals and undergo a specialized rehabilitation program to increase your range of motion, strength and function. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible functional outcome and improve your daily living experience.
We work with patients who have:
- Amputation, an acquired condition that results in the removal of part or all of a limb
- Arthroscopic surgery, a procedure used to diagnose and treat problems in joints
- Bursitis, inflammation of small sacs of fluid in the joints
- Cancer patients with impairments that effect musculoskeletal systems
- Fibromyalgia, a chronic condition involving widespread muscle and bone pain
- Minimally invasive surgery, also called laparoscopic surgery, it involves one or more small incisions to insert specially designed surgical instruments and tiny video cameras to perform the procedure
- Muscle and joint disease
- Orthopedic surgery involving the muscular and skeletal systems
- Osteoarthritis or inflammation of the joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune disease with inflammation of the joints
- Reconstructive joint surgery
- Spine pain in the neck and back
- Sprains, injury to the ligaments
- Strains, injury to either a muscle or a tendon
- Tendonitis, an inflammation of a tendon
- Urinary incontinence, inability to hold urine in the bladder
- Vestibular disorders or disorders of the body's balance system in the inner ear
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
There are many important reasons to choose our programs and services:
- The Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program uses a variety of specialized equipment and resources. You can use our warm water therapeutic pool if you can’t tolerate weight-bearing activity due to pain or motion restrictions. Various strengthening and conditioning exercises are used for both group and individual aquatic therapies.
- We use specialized equipment designed to maximize your progress building strength and increasing mobility, endurance and flexibility
- We offer you innovative treatments based on the most current best practices in our profession
- We have several therapists who have their Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) certification through The American Physical Therapy Association. This certification demonstrates advanced clinical knowledge and skills in the specialty of orthopedic physical therapy.
- We are proud that the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredits our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs. CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available