Focusing on caring for your chronic illness, chronic pain or disability.
Rehabilitation Psychology focuses on behavioral and psychological treatment for patients and families coping with chronic illness, chronic pain and disability. Our Division of Rehabilitation Psychology treats adults with disabilities related to physical, sensory, cognitive and emotional functioning.
Our areas of specialization include:
- Neuropsychology, the study of the brain and its effect on function and behavior
- Brain injury, such as stroke or traumatic brain injury
- Chronic pain
- Stress-related disorders
- Coping with disability
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
There are many important reasons to choose our programs and services:
- There are only seven board certified rehabilitation psychologists in Ohio. Five of these experts are members of our staff. No other healthcare system in Ohio offers the depth of expertise and experience found in our Division of Rehabilitation Psychology.
- We are proud that the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredits our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs. CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available