Giving you expert care for your visual impairment.
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's Rehabilitation Vision Program offers rehabilitation services to those affected by vision loss or impairment. Our services include a variety of tools and techniques to help you reach the highest level of function and wellness.
We treat patients experiencing a visual impairment that is not correctable by standard glasses, contact lenses, medicine or surgery. We also care for patients with visual impairments, as a result of:
- Cataracts, a clouding of the lens in the eye that affects vision
- Macular degeneration, a disease associated with aging that gradually destroys vision
- Diabetes, a lifelong disease marked by high levels of sugar in the blood
- Glaucoma, a group of eye conditions that lead to damage to the optic nerve, which carries visual information from the eye to the brain
- Neurological vision impairment
- Vision affected as a result of a stroke, brain injury or illness
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
There are many important reasons to choose our programs and services:
- We use an innovative rehabilitative team approach to meet your physical and emotional needs resulting from vision impairment
- We teach you the necessary skills and techniques you need to improve your abilities at work, home and social settings
- We are proud that the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredits our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs. CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available