Treating your dizziness and balance disorders.
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Vestibular Disorders Rehabilitation addresses problems with the vestibular system, which controls your sense of movement and balance. Our team is specially trained and certified in evaluating and treating your dizziness and balance disorders.
Our patients may experience symptoms such as:
- Vertigo or the feeling that you or your environment is moving or spinning
- Balance disorders
- Double vision
- Neck pain with dizziness
Patients may include those with:
- Cervicogenic dizziness and pain
- Dysfunctions of the inner ear, such as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo/BPPV, Meniere's disease, migraine-related dizziness, labrynthitis, neuronitis
- Neurological disorders or diseases of the brain, spinal cord and nerves, coupled with a dizziness or balance component
- Parkinson's disease, a disorder of the brain that leads to shaking and difficulty with walking, movement and coordination
- Surgically removed brain tumors
- Traumatic and non-traumatic brain injuries
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
- Our Vestibular Disorders Rehab Program physicians, physical therapists and occupational therapists use the latest technology available. Our therapists use specialized Frenzel goggles and liquid-crystal display (LCD) video to record findings that assist in determining appropriate treatment.
- Our therapists, certified in Herdman Vestibular Treatment Approaches, are specially trained to evaluate, treat and manage conditions associated with vestibular dysfunctions that contribute to dizziness and balance disorders. We also have a therapist trained to treat cervicogenic dizziness with neck injury or pain.
- We are proud that our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, our patients benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available