Providing custom wheelchairs and seating solutions to fit your lifestyle.
The Wheelchair Seating and Mobility Clinics at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center provide custom wheelchair and seating solutions for people with disabilities to improve their mobility, productivity, comfort and quality of life.
If you're living with a disability, the right wheelchair or scooter can provide support and mobility to help you achieve and maintain independence. We provide seating and mobility evaluations and services for people with:
- Brain injury
- Multiple sclerosis, an inflammatory disease of the central nervous system
- Cerebral palsy, a group of chronic conditions affecting body movement and muscle coordination
- Spina bifida, a birth defect involving the incomplete development of the spinal cord or its coverings
- Post-polio syndrome, affects polio survivors years after recovery from original incidence
- Pressure sores, damaged skin caused by staying in one position for too long
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
Our Wheelchair Seating and Positioning Clinics help you select and obtain seating that is comfortable and meets your lifestyle and mobility goals. Patients and families choose our programs and services for many important reasons:
- We are proud that our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, our patients benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available