Dedicated to your wellness and needs.
Women's Health Rehabilitation at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is dedicated to a woman's total well-being. We provide specialized care and physical therapy for health conditions unique to women, such as bladder control, pelvic pain, pregnancy-related issues and others. Our advanced care programs feature physical therapy to help relieve pain, minimize symptoms and improve function.
Our comprehensive care programs meet the special health needs of all women, from teenagers to seniors. We treat common conditions that often affect women, such as:
- Bladder control
- Stress incontinence, urine leakage prompted by a physical movement or activity
- Urge incontinence, the strong, sudden need to urinate
- Pelvic floor pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse/pelvic floor dysfunction, the organs of the pelvic floor, the bladder and uterus, slip downward or prolapse, causing increased pressure on the pelvic floor muscles and ligaments, which become weakened and loose
- Pregnancy issues, prepartum and postpartum
- Menopause, when menstrual periods permanently stop
- Osteoporosis, thinning or loss of bone tissue overtime
- Fibromyalgia, a chronic condition involving widespread muscle and bone pain
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
- Our physical therapists are specially trained and certified in managing women's health issues, especially bladder control and pelvic floor problems
- We offer innovative techniques, such as biofeedback (treatment technique to improve health, using signals from the body) and electrical stimulation (applying a low grade electrical current to contract pelvic floor muscles), as treatments for urinary incontinence and pelvic pain
- We are proud that our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF recognized our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from innovative research, a depth of medical expertise and the newest technologies and treatment techniques available