About the Fellowship
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center cardiovascular fellowship is a 12-month transition to practice program at the Ohio State Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital. It is designed for early career advanced practice providers who are interested in cardiovascular medicine and surgery. A combination of education and clinical immersion alongside world-class cardiovascular experts provides extended support to the new graduate.
Fellows will have an opportunity to rotate through the various cardiovascular specialties including cardiac surgery, heart and lung transplant, heart failure, general cardiology, electrophysiology, congenital heart disease, preventive cardiology and vascular surgery. Elective rotations provide additional opportunities to gain more in depth experience with the cardiovascular patient population.
The program is designed to accommodate nurse practitioners and physician assistants in adult health and acute care and primary care nurse practitioners with cardiac experience. Inpatient and outpatient exposure to a variety of cardiac patients allows for a greater depth of knowledge and appreciation for the spectrum of cardiovascular disease.
The Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital
Ohio State Ross Heart Hospital is a 150-bed facility that combines the latest technology with patient-focused care to create the best possible healing environment. The Ross Heart Hospital is home to many unique and highly specialized services, such as the Level 1 Heart and Vascular Emergency Program, which mobilizes a specialized care team to treat any heart and vascular emergency.
The program is open to:
- Both newly graduated and experienced physician assistants and nurse practitioners interested in building a foundation of knowledge to care for patients in cardiovascular care settings.
Cardiovascular fellowship applicants must meet these criteria by the time the program begins:
- Graduation from a physician assistant program approved by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant
- A master’s degree and passage of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants certification examination OR a master’s degree from a nurse practitioner program from an accredited university
- Recognized as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner by the State Medical Board of Ohio or Ohio Board of Nursing
- Successful completion of the credentialing process at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center
Fellows will be full-time employees at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and will be fully compensated with exceptional benefits.
Accepting Applications: Jan. 1 – March 1
Digital interviews will be scheduled for March.
In-person interviews will take place in April.
Decisions are made in May.