Personalized care to help you manage your allergies
The Allergy and Immunology experts at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center offers personalized, comprehensive care that covers a full range of allergy, hypersensitivity and immune disorders.
A runny nose, a scaly rash or a sudden stomachache can all be symptoms of an allergic reaction to something in the environment or a food you've just eaten. Getting the correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment is vital to giving you the relief you need.
Our nationally recognized physicians and faculty are certified with The American Board of Allergy and Immunology. We develop each patient's treatment plan using evidenced-based medicine and the latest technologies in the field. And we align with physicians and staff in other medical specialties at OSU Wexner Medical Center to treat even the most complicated cases for patients young and old.
Allergens and Allergy Conditions
People who have allergies are often sensitive to more than one thing. Substances that often cause allergic reactions include:
- Pollen, from trees, weeds and grasses
- Dust mites, which collect in mattresses and furniture
- Mold spores, found in damp or humid locations
- Pet dander, from dogs, cats and other animals
- Food, like wheat, soy, or dairy products
- Insect stings, from bees and wasps
- Medicines, resulting in unwanted side effects or drug interactions
- Latex, found in gloves and balloons
- Plants, such as poison ivy, oak and sumac
Allergy Tests and Treatments
Sometimes the easiest way to treat an allergy is to avoid the food, plant or other substance that causes your symptoms. Unfortunately, that’s not always practical or even possible. That’s why there are medications and injections that can help prevent or lessen your symptoms.