- Job Title: Advanced Practice (APP) Fellow
- Job ID: 455695
- Location: Ross Heart Hospital
- Department: Ross Heart Hospital
- Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Shift: Not Applicable
- FTE %: 100
- Salary Range Min: $70,000.00
- Salary Range Max: $70,000.00
Advanced Practice (APP) Fellow - Scope of Position
The Cardiovascular Advanced Practice Fellow, in a training/educational role, is responsible for providing health care services to adult patients while supervised by a APRN, Physician Assistant, or an attending physician member of the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Advanced Practice Provider (APP) fellows are members of the cardiovascular team, and are involved in inpatient and outpatient care. The fellowship is designed to provide advanced didactic education with focused clinical experiences so that graduates have the skills and knowledge to provide high quality care in the specialties of general cardiology, electrophysiology, heart failure, cardiac surgery, and vascular surgery across care settings.
The APP Fellow provides health care services to adult patients working in collaboration with a licensed member of OSUWMC medical staff. Health care services provided include care during acute and chronic phases of illness, education and counseling of individuals and families, health promotion and prevention and referral to other health care providers and community resources when appropriate.
Education and experience
Current license and certificate of authority to practice as a CNP in the State of Ohio. Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program that qualifies the graduate to sit for the certification examination of a national certifying organization recognized by the Ohio Board of Nursing. Masters degree in Nursing.
Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program. National Certification Commission for Physician Assistant certification. Eligibility for State of Ohio licensure as a physician assistant. Masters degree.
Application deadline: March 1, 2020
If you are selected for an interview, you will need the following:
- Statement of Intent/Cover Letter
- Letters of Evaluation, two letters are required (reference forms will be provided)
- A digital interview is required for selected applicants
- An on-site interview is required for final candidates
- If selected as final candidate, on-site interviews will be scheduled in April
- Final Selections will be made May
- Program begin Fall 2020
- Additional documentation may be required