Job Title:
Physical Therapist
Job ID:
University Hospitals
Rehab Svcs - Acute Care
Full/Part Time:
FTE %:
Salary Range Min:
Salary Range Max:

Position summary

Physical Therapist (Job Opening 441078) - Scope of Position: Rehabilitation team members are licensed or certified professionals (physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, social workers, or therapeutic recreation specialists who work within a specific team structure to offer inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation services. These services are offered to the acute-care hospital, the acute-inpatient rehabilitation facility (Dodd Hall), or outpatient service sites to patients who have disorders and conditions associated primarily with traumatic brain injury spinal cord injury, stroke, or other neurogenic disorders, orthopedic problems, burns, amputations, or chronic pain. The rehabilitation team members report to rehabilitation team leaders as part of the overall Rehabilitation Services Division structure. Position Summary: Each rehabilitation team member is first a part of a group effort to provide care within a continuous performance improvement environment, and secondly a distinct professional who provides specific contributions to the team approach. Team members assess patients and establish together plans of care; provide a wide variety of treatment techniques; provide education and support to patients and families; and facilitate continuing care planning. Team members evaluate quality of services and participate in outcomes management activities. Although team members report directly to a team leader, they are also responsible to each other, to those they supervise (rehab assistants and aides) and to other participants in patient care activities, including attending and resident physicians, nurses, their support staff, and Patient Care Resource Managers to assure coordination of services and programs.

Education and experience

All rehabilitation team members must be licensed or certified with the respective profession (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, social work, or therapeutic recreation), and meet the educational and/or certification requirements established by their professions (social workers and speech pathologists must hold master's degrees; physical therapists, occupational therapists, and therapeutic recreational specialists must hold bachelor's degrees). All academic degrees must have been granted from an accredited institution. Speech pathologists who hold a conditional license granted by the State of Ohio, and who are completing the Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) may also be considered. Typically, one-two years experience w