- Job Title:
- Clinical Program Manager
- Job ID:
- Shared Services
- Quality and Operations
- Full/Part Time:
- FTE %:
- Salary Range Min:
- Salary Range Max:
Clinical Program Manager (Job Opening 440742) - Scope of Position
The Ohio State University is committed to enhancing the quality of care
provided to patients. Surgical Clinical Nurse Reviewer will provide clinical and service data collection & analyses to Department of Surgery so that optimal quality can be achieved. The Surgical Clinical Nurse Reviewer's chief responsibility is to collect and submit reliable data to the ACS NSQIP. This is accomplished through high-quality clinical screening, data compilation, documentation and entry into the ACS NSQIP database of all eligible surgeries for the medical center. The SCNR also works closely with the members of the Department of Surgery and Quality to identify opportunities for clinical quality improvement and other special projects as may be identified.
Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director, Quality & Operations Improvement, collects data related to physician practice patterns & processes that evaluate clinical care processes as a means to improve patient care delivery & outcomes.
Education and experience
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- BSN, NP or PA strongly preferred
- Licensed in state as registered nurse
- Minimum three (3) years experience in inpatient surgical nursing required
- Clinical chart review and abstraction experience required
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and facilitation skills
- Ability to interact with all members of the surgical team and administrative staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete projects
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of statistics, risk stratification, database data entry and/or management experience preferred
- Computer skills, including basic knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products, electronic mail and the WorldWide Web/ Internet. Ability to learn new systems software.
- Independent and self-motivated