- Job Title: Assoc Dir-Hosp Nutrition Svcs
- Job ID: 455871
- Location: University Hospitals
- Department: Food Service Administration
- Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Shift: Day
- FTE %: 100
- Salary Range Min: $63,300.00
- Salary Range Max: $94,950.00
Assoc Dir-Hosp Nutrition Svcs (Job Opening 455871) - Scope of Department
Nutrition Services administers quality nutritional care and food service operations for patients, staff and visitors in Wexner Medical Center facilities, campus and the communities we serve. The Department coordinates activities to enhance patient, staff and customer satisfaction. The Department is responsible for nutrition care and food service and retail food operations for patients, staff and visitors to the various locations including University Hospital, Ross Heart Hospital, Brain and Spine Hospital, James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute, University Hospital East, OSU Harding and clinical nutrition services are also provided in more than 25 separate clinic locations within Ambulatory Services. Main campus cafes include BistrOH! and BistrOH! to go on the concourse, Bloch Cafe in CCCT, and a planned cafe in the Brain and Spine Hospital. Another full service cafe, BistrOH! operates at UHE and there are BistrOH! to go locations at Eye and Ear Institute, Martha Morehouse Medical Plaza (2), Ackerman Road complex, Care Point East and Stefanie Spielman Comprehensive Breast Center. Nutrition Services also provides oversight to 5 subcontracted retail foodservice locations and vending. Nutrition Services also maintains many outreach programs and several community gardens to deliver nutrition and food programming.
- Directly responsible for 3 main campus cafes, catering and executive dining, dish processing and distribution. Assures that foods served are high quality and that areas under supervision meet or exceed all required regulatory standards for safe food handling. Assures consistency of service across day parts and days of the week. Operations serve more than 1.2 million customers and cafes are open 21 hours per day.
- Provides oversight and direction for department purchasing, cash management, accounting and retail foodservice information systems.
- Coordinates retail foodservice with internal department teams and related medical center staff to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Integrates all functions and responsibilities including central receiving, distribution, retail cafe operation, dish processing and required information systems.
- Assures brand alignment and systems consistency for all BistrOH! cafes in health system.
- Oversees area financial, operational and staffing budgets.
- Coordinates retail foodservice needs with other department management team members and works collaboratively to achieve best results with food production, clinical nutrition, office and information systems groups.
- Works outwardly within the health system representing needs of Nutrition Services and actively develops relationships, contacts to support programs.
- Facilitates department HR processes (position description, corrective action, other), staff training and orientation/onboarding with appropriate staff
- Acts on behalf of the Director when needed and assures other area responsibilities when needed.
Education and experience
Registered and/or Licensed Dietitian, Master's Degree preferred or degree in food management, nutrition, culinary, or other related field. Must be ServSafe certified. All candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience in area of relevant responsibility. Must pass physical examination.