- Job Title:
- Advanced Practice (APP) Fellow
- Job ID:
- James Cancer Hospital/CCC
- James Cancer Hospital
- Full/Part Time:
- Not Applicable
- FTE %:
- Salary Range Min:
- Salary Range Max:
Scope of Position
The Advanced Practice (APP) Fellow, in a training/educational role, is responsible for providing health care services to adult patients while supervised by a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or an attending physician member of James Cancer Hospital and Research Institute. Advanced Practice (APP) fellows are members of the oncology team, and are involved in inpatient and outpatient care. The fellowship is designed to provide advanced didactic education with focused clinical experiences so that graduates have the skills and knowledge to provide high quality care in the specialty of oncology in any setting.
The Advanced Practice (APP) Fellow provides health care services to adult patients working in collaboration with a licensed member of CHRI medical staff. Health care services provided include care during acute and chronic phases of illness, education and counseling of individuals and families, health promotion and prevention and referral to other health care providers and community resources when appropriate.
Education and experience
Current license and certificate of authority to practice as a CNP in the State of Ohio. Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program that qualifies the graduate to sit for the certification examination of a national certifying organization recognized by the Ohio Board of Nursing. Masters degree in Nursing.
Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program. National Certification Commission for Physician Assistant certification. Eligibility for State of Ohio licensure as a physician assistant. Masters degree.
Application deadline: March 1, 2019
If you are selected for an interview, you will need the following:
- Statement of Intent/Cover Letter
- Letters of Evaluation, two letters are required (reference forms will be provided)
- A digital interview is required for selected applicants
- An on-site interview is required for final candidates
- If selected as final candidate, on-site interviews will be scheduled in April
- Final Selections will be made May
- Program begin September 2019
- Additional documentation may be required