- Job Title:
- Advanced Practice (APP) Fellow
- Job ID:
- Specialty Care Network
- Ortho Surgery
- Full/Part Time:
- Shift Varies
- FTE %:
- Salary Range Min:
- Salary Range Max:
Advanced Practice (APP) Fellow (Job Opening 445034) -
The Orthopedic Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Fellow, in a training/educational role, is responsible for providing health care services to adult patients while supervised by a Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner or an attending physician member of the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. APP fellows are employees of the department of orthopaedics, and are involved in inpatient and outpatient care. The fellowship is designed to provide advanced didactic education with focused clinical experiences so that graduates of the orthopedic fellowship have the skills and knowledge to provide high quality care in the specialty of orthopaedics.
The APP Fellow provides health care services to adult patients working in collaboration with a licensed member of medical staff. Health care services provided include care during acute and chronic phases of illness, education and counseling of individuals and families, health promotion and prevention and referral to other health care providers and community resources when appropriate.
Education and experience
1. Current license and certificate of authority to practice as an advanced practice provider in the State of Ohio.
2. Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program. National Certification Commission for Physician Assistant certification. Eligibility for State of Ohio licensure as a physician assistant Masters level degree of Physician Assistant studies or equivalent. OR
3. Current license and certificate of authority to practice as a CNP in the State of Ohio. Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program that qualifies the graduate to sit for the certification ex
If applicants are interested in one or more fellowship opportunity, will need to apply to each track.
If selected for an interview, will need the following:
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Evaluation, two letters are required (reference forms will be provided)
- A digital interview is required for selected applicants
- An on-site interview is required for final candidates
- If selected as final candidate, on-site interviews will be scheduled in April
- Final Selections will be made May
- Program begins September 2019
- Additional documentation may be required