- Job Title:
- Systems Technician 2
- Job ID:
- James Cancer Hospital/CCC
- Facilities - New Tower
- Full/Part Time:
- FTE %:
- Salary Range Min:
- Salary Range Max:
Systems Technician 2 (Job Opening 429963) - Scope of Position
The Ohio State University Medical Center is committed to enhancing the quality of care provided to patients. The Systems Technician position for the Systems Area, within the Department of Facilities Services, functions to support the Medical Center?s life safety equipment, automated building systems, and non-clinical electronic equipment.
The Systems Technician 2 for the Systems Area is responsible for the performance of operational maintenance, repair, installation, and regulatory testing of the Medical Center?s life safety equipment, automated systems, and non-clinical electronic equipment maintained by the Facilities Services Department. The Systems Technician will actively support the Facilities Services Team and the Department?s goals and mission.
This title is covered under the current CWA contract.
The Medical Center?s facility systems and equipment are operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Systems Technician may be subject to callback and mandatory on-call work.
May help other Facilities Services staff as needed.
The Systems Technician position encompasses all maintenance and support services associated with the Medical Center?s life safety equipment, automated systems, and electronic equipment. The Systems Technician function will include installation, maintenance, and repair activities for the assigned systems and equipment. Automated Systems and electronic equipment will include but not be limited to: Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Public Address, Pneumatic Tube, Automated Transport System, Sterilizers, Secure/Access, and Televisions. They will be responsible for electrical systems, equipment, wiring, and devices, including but not limited to: transformers, panels, power distribution, branch circuitry, motor control, lighting, receptacles, conduit, etc.
The primary duties of the Systems Technician 2 are installation of assigned systems and equipment and troubleshooting and repair of electrical and electronic circuits of integrated electrical /mechanical systems and electronic equipment.
Education and experience
- 3 years working experience and demonstrated skill with troubleshooting and repair of integrated electrical/mechanical systems and equipment and one of the following:
- 1-year experience in analyzing, troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment and circuits, and electrical and electronic logic circuits.
- 1-year of operational knowledge and work experience with computer hardware, software, and microprocessor controlled equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical/mechanical drawings, technical manuals and specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable codes and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of machine shop equipment.
Qualified candidates may be asked to complete a pre-employment physical including a drug screen and background check.