About stipends and benefits for anesthesiology residents
The anesthesiology resident enjoys a generous and comprehensive package of benefits provided by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, as well as additional benefits provided by the Department of Anesthesiology.
Benefits provided by the Department of Anesthesiology
- Vacation: 15 days (three weeks) paid vacation
- Additionally, residents may use up to five days of accrued sick pay as scheduled vacation
- Conference attendance: Five days professional leave with pay
- Education fund: Provided to residents to reimburse expenses for conference attendance, purchase of textbooks, periodical subscriptions, certification courses (ACLS, PALS, etc.) and the purchase of some computer software.
- CBY (PGY 1): $1,000 per year - CA-1 and CA-2 (PGY 2 and 3): $2,000 per year - CA-3 (PGY 4): $3,000 per year (the additional $1,000 is to allow for a board review course)
- iPad: CA-1 residents receive a new iPad
- Society memberships: American Society of Anesthesiologists and International Anesthesia Research Society membership dues and renewals are paid by the department.
Additional benefits are provided by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.