About the Program
The one-year Emergency Medicine Oncology Fellowship will provide training related to hematologic and oncologic emergencies. The program is open to board-certified or board-eligible emergency medicine physicians. Fellows will gain exposure to these patients through emergency department shifts, inpatient rotations and intensive care settings. The goal of the program is to prepare the fellow to lead in the growing field of cancer related emergencies. The training will occur in The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and the emergency department's oncology pod.
This is one of the few fully integrated oncologic emergency department pods in the world. Other rotations will include oncology, hematology, neuro-oncology and palliative medicine. A month of protected time for academic research is also part of the fellowship. The fellow will also have the opportunity to work on administrative projects in emergency department oncology pod in coordination with the medical director. The fellow will also be expected to provide education during didactics and perform EMS outreach programs.
- Six months of emergency medicine, including dedicated shifts in the emergency department's oncology pod
- One month of oncology
- One month of James ICU
- One month of hematology
- One month of combined neurosurgery and neuro-oncology
- One month of palliative medicine
- One month for research
An Ohio medical license will be required before starting the fellowship. To start the application process, you must be a graduate from an emergency medicine residency program.
- A current CV with reference list
- A statement describing your reason for pursuing administrative fellowship training (personal statement)
- USMLE or COMLEX scores (official report)
- Three letters of recommendation preferably from emergency medicine faculty, with one letter of recommendation from your current program director
To apply, submit all required materials to Jennifer Journy at Jennifer.Journy@osumc.edu.
Luca Delatore, MD
Director, Oncologic Fellowship
Department of Emergency Medicine
750 Prior Hall
376 West 10th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210