Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine
OSU Family Medicine at CarePoint East
534 Taylor Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43203
I started at OSU January 2010 and practice at CarePoint East Family Medicine. As a physician at The Ohio State University, I have the opportunity to provide quality care for my patients as well as help impact future care providers. I find that it is important to establish positive patient-physician relationships, because they are the foundation for ensuring optimal health. I believe that it is my responsibility as a physician to educate, encourage and empower patients to become and remain healthy.
When away from the office, I enjoy spending time with my family and working with the community as an active member of my church and my sorority, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
I have been quoted in Essence, Cosmopolitan, Capital Style, JetMag.com, rd.com (Reader’s Digest) and WebMD.com. In the past I was able to work with the “Tom Joyner Morning Show” with Get Well Wednesdays and annually worked the national hotline for Take a Loved One to the Doctor Day. I have been featured as a guest expert on “Good Day Columbus” on the local Fox 28 multiple times and volunteered at multiple local health fairs.
- Adolescent care
- Lactation consulting
- Women's health
Education and Training
- MD: University of Cincinnati, 2004
- Residency: Bethesda Hospitals, Inc., 2005-2007
- Teacher of the Year Award for Family Medicine Residency, Urban Track, 2013
- Highlighted on Disney's Doc McStuffins Show, 2014/2015
- Who's Who in Black Columbus
- Artemis Medical Society, Founding member, Parliamentarian
- American Academy of Family Practice
- Ohio Academy of Family Physicians