Outpatient Care Lewis Center
6515 Pullman Drive
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035
As a family medicine sports medicine physician here at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I have the opportunity to see patient's and athletes of all ages. I have a special interest in both diagnostic and interventional ultrasound like joint, tendinopathy and biologic (platelet rich plasma, etc.) procedures. My philosophy is to be a liaison in your care while treating the whole patient and making them an active participant in their care.
Education and Training
- MD: St. Matthew's University School of Medicine
- Postgraduate Education/Training: Masters in Health Science Administration and qualification in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound (RMSK)
- Residency: The Ohio State University Department of Family Medicine
- Fellowship: The Toledo Hospital/University of Toledo
- Walrod B, Schroeder A, Conroy MJ, Boucher L, Bockbrader M, Way DP, McCamey KL, Hartz CA, Jonesco MA, Bahner DP. Does ultrasound-enhanced instruction of musculoskeletal anatomy improve physical examination skills of first-year medical students? J Ultrasound Med. 2017.
- Estes K, Hartz C. Examination of the hand and wrist. Musculoskeletal examination of the extremities: An interactive guide. McCamey K, Walrod B (Eds.). 2016, EPUB file.
- Hartz C, Long A. Common rowing injuries. Endurance Sports Medicine. Miller T (Ed.). 2016.
- Hunt T, Hartz C. Socioeconomic status: A confounder for computerized neuropsychological test scores in adolescent athletes. J Head Trauma Rehab. 2015;30(3):E1-56.
- Hartz C, McCamey K. Quadriceps injuries in athletes. Hamstring and Quadriceps Injuries in Athletes. Borchers J, Kaeding C (Eds.). 2014.
- Most Outstanding Resident Award, 2010
- Chief Resident, 2010
- Team Physician for Ohio State
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine
- Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography