I joined The Ohio State University Department of Family and Community Medicine in 2014. I am excited to be able to serve our community and to work with medical students and residents at The Ohio State University. I completed my training at The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center - St. Margaret Family Medicine Residency Program. I teach medical students in my clinic and also precept residents and students at the OSU Family Medicine at Thomas Rardin. I also teach on the inpatient service at OSU East Hospital and serve as a resident advisor and mentor. My special interests include wellness, preventive medicine and women's health. I look forward to working with you and your family.
Education and Training
- BS: Biology, University of Michigan, 2004
- MS: Wayne State University School of Medicine, 2007
- MD: Penn State University College of Medicine, 2011
- Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, St. Margaret Hospital – Family Medicine, 2014
- Hyde, Elisabeth. Failure of Heart. Wild Onions- a publication of the Penn State University College of Medicine. (5/2011).
- Hyde, Elisabeth. House Call. Wild Onions- a publication of the Penn State University College of Medicine. (5/2011).
- Hyde EM. Through My Mask. Academic Medicine, Teaching and Learning Moments. Volume 86(11), November 2011, p 1414.
- Hyde, Elisabeth. Leather Bottle Stomach. Annals of Internal Medicine, Ad Libitum. 2/15/2011, Vol. 154 Issue 4, p 287-287.
- Hyde,E, Qiu J. Oral Contraception. PEPID Primary Care Plus. Evanston, IL: PEPID. December, 2010 http://www.pepidonline.com/Main.aspx.
- S.A. Perrine*, F. Ghoddoussi, M.S. Michaels, E.M. Hyde, D. Kuhn, and M.P. Galloway#. Persistent alterations in amino acid neurotransmitters but not N-acetylaspartate after MDMA exposure in rats. Neurotoxicology. 2010 Dec;31(6):654-61. Epub 2010 Aug 26.
- Perrine* SA, Michaels MS, Hyde EM, Ghoddoussi F, Tancer ME, Galloway MP. Cardiac effects of MDMA on the metabolic profile determined with 1H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy. NMR in Biomedicine. Vol 22(4); 419-25. May 2009.
- Chief resident – peer selected, 2013 - 2014
- Resident Teaching Award (selected by residents of UPMC St. Margaret Family Medicine Residency Program), 2014
- Resident Scholar Award (given by UPMC St. Margaret family medicine faculty), 2014
- Exceptional Teacher (nominated by Penn State medical students), 2012 - 2014
- Exceptional Role Model (as nominated by Penn State medical students), 2012 - 2013
- Pediatric Honor Society, Penn State College of Medicine, 2007-2008
- Outstanding Scholarly Paper and Endowed Dean Asselin Award in Psychiatry Award for my research paper titled “Relationship Between MR-visible Glutamate Turnover and Dopamine Neurotoxicity Following Treatment with Methamphetamine,” 2007