Clinical Lead - OSU Family Medicine at Outpatient Care East
OSU Family Medicine at Outpatient Care East
543 Taylor Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43203
I completed my family medicine residency training at University Hospitals Case Medical Center and my preventive medicine residency training at Case Western Reserve University before joining The Ohio State University Department of Family Medicine in 2017 as a clinical assistant professor of family medicine. I currently practice at OSU Outpatient Care East. I am interested in working with urban underserved communities and teaching medical students and residents. Additionally, I am interested in health policy and public health issues that directly impact urban underserved communities such as community violence and obesity.
Education and Training
- BS: Creighton University
- MD: University of Nebraska College of Medicine
- Residency: Preventative Medicine Residency Program at Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- MPH: Case Western Reserve University
- Naidu, A., Ahmad, F., Chao, J. (2017). “Hypothyroidism , Adult.” The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2017. Eds. Domino, F. J., Baldor, R. A., Golding, J., Stephens, M. B. Wolters Kluwer.
- Ahmad, F. and McPeak, H. H. (May 27, 2016). “Using the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans to Help Improve the Diet of Older Individuals.” Web blog post. health.gov. Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.
- Ahmad, F. (2010). Health Consequences of Exposure to Inner-City Violence. Journal of Psychological Inquiry, 15, 24-27.
- Das, A.V., James, J., Bhattacharya, S., Imbalzano, A.N., Antony, M.L., Hedge, G.V., Zhao, X., Mallya, K.B., Ahmad, F., Knudsen, E., Ahmad, I. (2007). SQI/SNF chromatin remodeling ATPase: BRM regulates BRN3B expression and Notch signaling. J Biol Chem, 282.
- Das, A.V., Mallya, K.B., Zhao, X., Ahmad, F., Bhattacharya, S., Thoreson, W.B., Hegde, G.V., Ahmad, I. (2006). Neural stem cell properties of Muller glia in the mammalian retina: regulation by Notch and Wnt signaling. Dev. Biol, 299, 283-302.
- Best Abstract Award: Residency Research Symposium, 2015
- Dr. Mary Jo Henn Scholarship, 2011
- Thomas A. Grennan Award, 2007
- Dean’s honor roll, 2005 - 2009
- American Academy of Family Physicians, 2012 - present