Assistant Professor of Clinical Family Medicine
Director of Behavioral Health Training, Family Medicine Residency Program
Director of Psychology Fellowship Training Program
OSU Family Medicine at Thomas Rardin
2231 N. High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43201
Dr. Greco is a licensed clinical psychologist and director of behavioral health training for the Family Medicine Residency and Psychology Fellowship programs. She joined Ohio State in January 2017 and is the former director of Pain Management Services at the Cincinnati VA Medical Center.
Research, Clinical and Teaching Interests
Dr. Greco’s professional interests focus on primary care behavioral health integration, interdisciplinary chronic pain rehabilitation and implementation of evidence-based behavior therapies such as acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
Education and Training
- PhD: Clinical psychology, West Virginia University
- Residency: Clinical health psychology, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- NIH research fellow (R25): Intervention, prevention and services research and randomized clinical trials involving behavioral interventions
- Greco, L.A., Baer, R.A., & Smith, G. T. (2011). Development and validation of the Child and Adolescent Mindfulness Measure (CAMM). Psychological Assessment, 23, 606-614.
- Greco, L.A., Lambert, W., & Baer, R.A. (2008). Psychological inflexibility among children and adolescents: Development and validation of the Avoidance and Fusion Questionnaire for Youth. Psychological Assessment, 20, 93-102.
- Greco, L.A., Barnett, E., Blomquist, K.K., & Gevers, A. (2008). Acceptance, body image, and health in adolescence. In L.A. Greco and S.C. Hayes (Eds.), Acceptance and mindfulness interventions for children and adolescents: A practitioner’s guide. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger.
- Hayes, S.C. & Greco, L.A. (2008). Acceptance and mindfulness interventions for youth: It’s time. In L.A. Greco and S.C. Hayes (Eds.), Acceptance and mindfulness interventions for children and adolescents: A practitioner’s guide. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger.
- Wicksell, R. & Greco, L.A. (2008). Acceptance and commitment therapy for pediatric chronic pain. In L.A. Greco and S.C. Hayes (Eds.), Acceptance and mindfulness interventions for children and adolescents: A practitioner’s guide. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger.
- Eifert, G. H., Greco, L.A., Heffner, M., & Louis, A. (2007). Eating disorders: A new behavioral perspective and acceptance-based treatment approach. In J. Woods & J. Kanter (Eds.), Understanding behavior disorders: A contemporary behavioral perspective. Reno, NV: Context Press.
- Greco, L.A., Freeman, K. E., & Dufton, L. (2006). Peer victimization among children with frequent abdominal pain: Links with social skills, academic functioning, and health service use. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 32, 319-329.
- Greco, L.A., Heffner, M., Ritchie, S., Poe, S., & Lynch, S.K., (2005). Maternal adjustment following preterm birth: Contributions of experiential avoidance. Behavior Therapy, 36, 177-184.
- Greco, L.A., & Morris, T.L. (2005). Factors linking social anxiety to peer acceptance: Contributions of social skills and close friendships. Behavior Therapy, 36, 197-205.
- Greco, L.A., Blackledge, J.T., Coyne, L. W., & Enreheich, J. (2005). Acceptance- and mindfulness-based approaches in anxiety disorders: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as an example. In S.M. Orsillo & L. Roemer (Eds.), Acceptance and Mindfulness-Based Approaches to Anxiety: Conceptualization and Treatment. Kluwer/Plenum.
- Greco, L.A., & Eifert, G.H. (2004). Treating parent-adolescent conflict: Is acceptance the missing link for an integrative family therapy? Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 11, 305-314.
- Filcheck, H.A., McNeil, C.B., Greco, L.A., & Bernard, R. (2004). Using a whole-class token economy and coaching of teacher skills in a preschool classroom to manage disruptive behavior. Psychology in the Schools, 41, 351-361.
- Greco, L.A. & Morris, T.L. (2004). Assessment. In J.S. March & T.L. Morris (Eds.), Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents, 2nd edition. New York: Guilford Press.
- Heffner, M., Greco, L. A., & Eifert, G. H. (2003). Pretend you are a turtle: Children’s responses to metaphorical and literal instructions during progressive muscle relaxation. Child and Family Behavior Therapy, 25, 19-33.
- Morris, T.L., & Greco, L.A. (2003). Clinical implications of social phobia. In R.M. Gupta & D.P. Gupta (Eds.), Children and parents: Clinical issues for psychologists and psychiatrists (pp. 33-48). London: Whurr Publishers.
- Cohen, L.L., Bernard, R.S., Greco, L.A., & C. McClellan. (2002). Using a child-focused intervention to manage procedural pain: Are parent and nurse coaches necessary? Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 27, 749-757.
- Greco, L.A. & Morris, T.L. (2002). Paternal child-rearing style and child social anxiety: Investigation of child perceptions and actual father behavior. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 24, 259-267.
- Greco, L.A., & Morris, T.L. (2001). Treating childhood shyness and related behavior: Empirically investigated approaches to promote positive social interactions. Clinical Child & Family Psychology Review, 4, 299-318.
- Associate editor, Behavioral Analysis of Health, Sports, Fitness and Medicine, 2006 - 2008
- Editorial board, Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 2005 - 2010
- Grant reviewer, University of Missouri Research Board, 2006 - 2008
- Grant reviewer, Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), 2004 - 2006
- Grant reviewer, Vanderbilt University Kennedy Center, Family Research Program, 2003 - 2005
- Ad Hoc reviewer: Health Psychology, Psychological Assessment, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Journal of Abnormal Psychology, Mindfulness Research, Pediatric Psychology, European Journal of Pain, Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, Journal of Clinical Psychology
- American Psychological Association (Division 38)
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Ohio Psychological Association