OSU Center for Integrative Medicine
2000 Kenny Road
Columbus, Ohio 43221
Outpatient Care Upper Arlington
1800 Zollinger Road
Columbus, Ohio 43221
Dr. Selim Sheikh is a board-certified family physician. He completed his family medicine residency at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in religious studies from Rice University, a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and a Master of Business Administration from West Texas A&M University. Outside of medicine, Dr. Sheikh enjoys spending time with family, cooking, reading, hiking, and self-educating on Renaissance and Reformation history.
Research, Education and Clinical Interests
Dr. Sheikh is passionate about partnering with his patients in preventing chronic disease, utilizing non-pharmacologic approaches to optimizing health and well-being, and empowering his patients to take charge of their own health. Through his family medicine training with a focus in osteopathic manipulative medicine and integrative medicine, he provides patients with a broad array of treatment modalities including osteopathic manipulative treatment, needling, and mind-body practices.
Education and Training
- DO: William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Postgraduate Education/Training: MBA, West Texas A&M University
- Residency: The Ohio State University
- Sheikh S, Pannu A. Monitoring glycemic control in a patient with diabetes mellitus and hemoglobinopathy: utility of fructosamine. American Academy of Family Physicians Family Medicine Experience. Philadelphia, PA. 2019.
- Sheikh S, Knapke M, Fosselman D, Nogan E, Sommer A, Briggs M, Miser W. Impact of a referral-based exercise program on symptoms of depression and quality of life factors in patient participants in a tertiary medical center. American Academy of Family Physicians Family Medicine Experience. New Orleans, LA. 2018.
- Sheikh S.140 years of evolution: a glance through the history of osteopathic medicine in the United States. Southern Association for the History of Medicine and Science 17th Annual Conference. Jackson, MS. 2015.
- Community Service Award, Department of Family Medicine Residency Program, 2019
- Family Medicine Resident Award for Advocacy, Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, 2018 and 2019
Organizational Leadership Award, Department of Family Medicine, 2018
Dean’s Award, William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2016
Student D.O. of the Year, William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2015
American Academy of Family Physicians
Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
Central Ohio Academy of Family Physicians