University Health Services
1581 Dodd Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Dr. Cook has been practicing Family Medicine since 1985. She is a graduate of Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, and she completed her residency at The Ohio State University. She currently practices urgent care at the University Health Services. Her desire is to foster hope and well-being through compassionate clinical care.
Dr. Cook is passionate about population health and employer-sponsored healthcare. In her prior role as Medical Director of Wellness, she worked to innovate and implement health improvement initiatives across the university. As co-founder and current Medical Director of the University Health Services, she has been able to improve health outcomes and access to care for faculty and staff. Her research activities reflect her commitment to interdisciplinary care, public health, and student learning. She is a strong proponent of teamwork, and she works to create positive work communities wherever she goes.
Education and Training
- DO: Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1985
- Residency: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 1987-1989
- Flavin JA, Beatty SA, Green CG, Cook S. Impact of a pharmacist-provided comprehensive medication review (CMR) service for urgent care patients. JUCM. Dec 1, 2015. Pgs 27-36. Online at: http://www.jucm.com/impact-of-a-pharmacist-provided-comprehensive-medication-review-service-for-urgent-care-patients/2/
- Maguire M, Green C, Cook S, Ellis J, Hilligoss B, Pruchnicki M. Bridge care: Transitional primary care services within an interprofessional university employee health care clinic. American Journal of Health Promotion. Mar 2013.
- Malaty J, Green CG, Cook SC. Influence of a pharmacist-initiated educational intervention on patients’ utilization of fluconazole for vulvovaginal candidiasis in an outpatient setting. JAPhA. Vol. 51, no. 2. Apr 2011. 299-300.
- 2017: Top 10% Patient Satisfaction Nationally
- 2013: Friend of the College of Pharmacy, Ohio State University College of Pharmacy
- 2006: State Award for Excellence, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- 2006: Partner in Academic Excellence, Facilities Operations and Development
- 2005: ASHP Best Practices Award in Health-system Pharmacy, American Society of Health System Pharmacists