Promoting clinical education in ophthalmology
At the Havener Eye Institute, we are dedicated to education. The lectureship series called EyeRounds provides complimentary continuing medical education (CME) covering a variety of topics. We hope that the success of EyeRounds will continue to foster the community spirit that is an important part of the Havener Eye Institute’s mission.
The Jacob Moses Lectureship
The Jacob Moses Lectureship was established to commemorate the contributions and accomplishments of a clinical professor in ophthalmology who provided care for innumerable patients and educated numerous people over his 58 years in practice. Jacob Moses started his career in Columbus, OH in 1945 bringing many innovations to central Ohio. He was a great family man, a pillar of the medical community and a person that from a very early time, contributed substantially to the development of the ophthalmology program at The Ohio State University.
This lectureship is intended to promote the clinical education of ophthalmology for established ophthalmologists and students, as well as others devoted to the professions of eye care.
Save the Date
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Richard L. Abbott, MD
Health Science Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology
Thomas W. Boyden Endowed Chair in Ophthalmology
University of California, San Francisco
Location: 915 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43212
To RSVP, contact:
Past EyeRounds topics include:
- "Serious Eye Cancers Masquerading as Common Benign Conditions" - Jerry Shields, MD - Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- "Glaucoma Surgery: Now and the Future" - Douglas Rhee, MD - Chairman, University Hospitals Eye Institute, Case Western Reserve University
- "Managing the Retinal Problems of Patients with Mental Disabilities—The Technical and Ethical Challenges” - Kirk Packo, MD - Chairman of Department of Ophthalmology at Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- "My Retina Is Normal, But I Still Cannot See!” - Thomas Spoor, MD - renowned oculoplastic and neuro-ophthalmic surgeon
- "Vitrectomy without Scleral Buckling” - Steve Charles, MD - University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- "Biomechanics of the Eyelids and Cheek" - Clinton McCord, Jr, MD - Emory University School of Medicine
- "Complex PVR Management" - Gary Abrams, MD - Chairman of Kresge Eye Institute - Dal Chun, MD - Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- "The Glaucoma Update" - Lou Cantor, MD - Chairman of Indiana University
- "Genetics of Uveal Melanoma" - James Augsburger, MD - Chairman of the University of Cincinnati
- "CATT: Comparison of AMD Treatment Trial" - Daniel Martin, MD - Chairman of the Cleveland Clinic