Residents may receive these benefits during their dedicated training period in the research program at Ohio State
- Tuition assistance
- Travel allowances to present research
- Book allowances to purchase textbooks and statistical software
- Laptop purchase discounts
Reducing Debt / NIH Loan Repayment Program
Trainees can apply 12 months in advance for the NIH Loan Repayment Program (NIH LRP). If awarded, the LRP will repay up to $35,000 annually (maximum of two years) of a researcher’s qualified education debt in return for a commitment to engage in NIH mission-relevant research.
Access to Research Resources
- Access to RDR i2b2 (OSU Research Data Repository)
- Access to Microscopy Core & Small Animal Imaging
- Access to Biostatistics resources
- Ohio State Software for Students
Access to Education Resources
- DOS Research Training Program Calendar of Events 18-19
- DOS Research Training Program Handbook
- Library Access to Current Immunology Protocols, Etc.
- Current Immunology Protocols and Cellular & Molecular Immunology are available online through the Ohio State Health Sciences Library in Prior Hall.
- Essential Immunology for Surgeons and Roitt’s Essential Immunology (13th edition) are available in hard copy via the Health Sciences Library. Copies are also retained in the program manager’s office.
Program Manager, Research Education
OSUWMC Department of Surgery
395 W. 12th Avenue, Room 674
Columbus OH 43210
Ginny L. Bumgardner, M.D., PhD, FACS
Director, Master of Medical Science Program
Director, DOS Research Training Program
395 W. 12th Ave., First Floor
Columbus OH 43210-1267