Learn more about our International Visiting Scholar Program curriculum:
- The time frame is flexible based on the individual's preference. We feel a minimum experience of one month is necessary and more than six months may not be necessary
- The laparoscopic experience will include training through observation in advanced surgical techniques, including common duct exploration, hernia repair, bowel resection, gastroesophageal surgery, robotic surgery, bariatric surgery and solid organ removal. Advanced thoracoscopic procedures including diagnostic thoracoscopy, treatment of pneumothorax, biopsy and esophageal surgery will be included
- Observation of flexible endoscopy, including diagnostic, therapeutic and advanced upper and lower endoscopy of the GI tract and ERCP will be available
- The scholar will be trained in methods of instruction for basic and advanced laparoscopic techniques and skills in animate and inanimate models, as well as in the operating room
- The scholar will be given the opportunity and expected to participate in investigational projects on the pathophysiology of laparoscopy, development of experimental techniques and the impact of minimally invasive surgical techniques on the practice of surgery
It would be expected that the clinical material content and experience be tailored to the individual’s desire and would be scheduled in advance.