The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Comprehensive Transplant Center provides transplant-focused continuing education to any interested healthcare providers. Offerings include grand rounds and Lunch and Learns and we cover topics such as thoracic and abdominal transplants, transplant issues and trends.
Comprehensive Transplant Center Grand Rounds
Comprehensive Transplant Center (CTC) Grand Rounds are currently held September thru May on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. on the medical center campus. Presentations highlight thoracic and abdominal transplant topics, transplant issues and trends. Speakers from outside The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are also invited to present.Goals of CTC Grand Rounds include:
- Build collaboration between transplant team members and other hospital staff
- Provide trending transplant-focused information in a timely manner
- Serve as an additional pathway to provide updates in regulatory changes related to transplant
No registration is required to attend. Presentation topics, speakers and room locations can also be found on ccme.osu.edu. CME credit is provided for presentations.
Upcoming CTC Grand Rounds:
Mark your calendars for 2020-21 Grand Rounds, beginning Sept. 15 and continuing through May 18, 2021.
- 09/15/2020: Transplant Year in Review | Ken Washburn, MD
- 09/22/2020: Cystic Fibrosis in 2020: Update for Transplant Providers | Steve Kirkby, MD
- 09/29/2020: Glomerulonephritis in Kidney Transplant Recipients | Reem Daloul, MD
- 10/06/2020: HCV-Seropositive Donors to HCV-Seronegative Recipients: The OSU Transplant Experience | Lindsay Sobotka, DO/Reem Daloul, MD
- 10/13/2020: What’s in the Box? A New Age of Heart Preservation and Transplantation | Asvin Ganapathi, MD
- 10/20/2020: topic: APO-L1 | Sethu Madavan, MBBS
- 10/27/2020: topic: Regulatory/Quality/UNOS requirement updates | Tyler Mason, Kristen McQuone, Karen Unver
- 11/03/2020: Transplantation As A Population Health Problem | Joel Adler, MD, MPH – Brigham and Women’s Center for Surgery and Public Health
- 11/10/2020: Healthy Work Life Balance | Helka Casey, MSEd, LPCC-S – OSU Health Plan
- 11/17/2020: topic: disparities in health care | Wanda Dillard – OSUWMC Director of Community Development
- 11/24/2020: no presentation – Holiday week
- 12/01/2020: topic: transplant pharmacy | Pam Burcham, RPh
- 12/08/2020: topic: pre transplant cardiac workup | M. Wesley Milks, MD
PLEASE NOTE: Grand Rounds will be held via Webex (NOT in person) until further notice.