The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Comprehensive Transplant Center provides transplant-focused continuing education to any interested healthcare providers. Offerings include grand rounds and Lunch and Learns and we cover topics such as thoracic and abdominal transplants, transplant issues and trends.
Comprehensive Transplant Center Grand Rounds
Comprehensive Transplant Center (CTC) Grand Rounds are currently held September thru May on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. on the medical center campus. Presentations highlight thoracic and abdominal transplant topics, transplant issues and trends. Speakers from outside The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are also invited to present.Goals of CTC Grand Rounds include:
- Build collaboration between transplant team members and other hospital staff
- Provide trending transplant-focused information in a timely manner
- Serve as an additional pathway to provide updates in regulatory changes related to transplant
No registration is required to attend. Presentation topics, speakers and room locations can also be found on ccme.osu.edu. CME credit is provided for presentations. One week per month, a case review and discussion is provided by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center fellows (CME credit is not provided for case reviews).
Upcoming CTC Grand Rounds:
(held at 8 a.m. in Faculty Office Tower - Room 128, unless noted)
- 02/19/2019: Hep C Positive Donors | Kelly Schlendorf, MD - Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- 02/26/2019: Enhancing Your Personal Brand with Twitter | Kelly McDonald, Sr. Social Media Manager
- 03/05/2019: Process of Organ Donation | Kelly Schlendorf - Lifeline of Ohio
- 03/12/2019: Update on WMC Ambulatory Services and CTC Off-Site Clinics | Dan Like | Garth Dahdah
- 03/19/2019: Video Viewing of NOVA's "Transplanting Hope"
- 03/26/2019: TBA
- 04/02/2019: Nephrology Update | Uday Nori, MD
- 04/09/2019: Outreach and Virtual Health | Edward Levine, MD | Kenneth Washburn, MD
- 04/16/2019: TBA | Alexander Wiseman, MD - University of Colorado at Denver
- 04/23/2019: Highly Sensitized Patients | Robert Bray, PhD - Emory University
- 04/30/2019: TBA (lung topic) | Keith Meyer, MD - University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 05/07/2019: TBA | Austin Schenk, MD
- 05/14/2019: TBA | Kristy Engel, PsyD
- 05/21/2019: TBA | Roshini Abraham, PhD - Nationwide Children's Hospital
Lunch and Learn
Lunch and Learn educational events are held the fourth Wednesday of the month (January thru October) at 1 p.m. to provide learning opportunities to non-physician CTC team members such as nurse coordinators, floor nursing staff, medical assistants, pharmacy workers, MAPs, social work staff and dietitians. The topics presented include improving patient care, regulatory and administrative changes and transplant education. Suggestions from staff are used to determine topics. CEPTC education credits are provided when applicable. Topic suggestions may be submitted to Heidi Erb, Outreach Coordinator.Attendance for Lunch and Learn events is not open to the public. Contact Heidi Erb for the latest events listings.