As a clinical neuropsychologist, I’m passionate about using my knowledge and skills to engage in collaborative care to better serve the community.
My area of specialization is clinical neuropsychology, which involves the study and practice of brain and behavior relationships. In particular, my clinical interests lie in the intersection between complex medical and neurological disorders, pre/post-surgical evaluations, neurotrauma and cognitive functioning. I have a PhD in medical-clinical psychology from the University of Alabama and completed a fellowship in clinical neuropsychology from Baylor College of Medicine (2008-2014).
I strongly believe in working in a multidisciplinary environment that is at the forefront of scientific and medical knowledge, but more importantly, puts patients’ well-being first. I provide all of my patients with individualized care and attention and offer interventions that are tailored to their specific needs and goals in order to improve their neurobehavioral and emotional health.
I enjoy working at Ohio State because of its strong sense of community and values. I believe the environment here helps to both foster personal and professional development as well as contribute to positive patient outcomes.
When I’m not working, I like to travel, relax with my family and enjoy the outdoors.
- Clinical assistant professor
- Director of Research, Neuropsychology Clinic
- National chair, Early Career Neuropsychologist Committee of the Society for Clinical Neuropsychology (American Psychological Association Division 40)
- Active member of the International Neuropsychological Society, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology, National Academy of Neuropsychology, Society for Clinical Neuropsychology and the American Psychological Association
- Published articles in the Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, The Clinical Neuropsychologist and the Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation
- Serve as an ad hoc reviewer for several national peer-reviewed journals
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/28/2017, Dr. Block has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies.