Geoffrey Box, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 685-4263
About MeI’m a urologist specializing in minimally invasive treatment of urologic diseases, both benign and malignant. I’m the director of Continuing Education and an assistant professor in the College of Medicine’s Urology department. I received my medical training at The Ohio State University and completed my residency at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. I was named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors” from 2014-2018, as well as being rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction in 2016.
My research includes laparoscopic surgery, which is minimally invasive and can leave almost no scarring on patients. My goal is to provide the best patient care possible, and staying current on research and technology helps me guarantee the best care plans to my patients. I try to provide my patients with a better understanding of their condition so they can make informed and active decisions about their treatment.
At the OSUCCC – James, we provide individualized treatment plans to our patients, because no two cancers are the same. Each patient has different preferences, and I try and treat each as if they were a member of my own family. The James gives me the technology and research to provide the best care possible.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2016, 2017
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2014–2018
- Director of Continuing Education
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Urologic Diseases
- Carcinoma, Renal Cell
- Prostate Cancers
- Urethral Cancers
- Ureteral Obstruction
- Ureteral Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Urologic Surgical Procedures
- Urogenital Cancers
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2002 - 6/30/2006
University of California Irvine Medical Center
7/1/2006 - 6/30/2008
More About My Work
American Board of Urology
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Box has reported no relationships with companies or entities.