Research plays a significant role in my career. My research team conducts experimental therapies and drug trials to improve treatments for CLL and other lymphoid malignancies. Our findings were used to develop Ibrutinib, a drug recently approved by the FDA to treat CLL patients.
I'm passionate about spreading knowledge to others in my field through lectureships, medical publications and student advising. In 2014, I was rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction. I've also been recognized as an outstanding faculty educator at OSU.
At The James, we continue to transform the way cancers are prevented, detected and treated. I believe our unyielding desire to find answers will one day lead to a cure.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014
University of Michigan Medical School
7/1/2001 - 6/30/2003
Additional languages I speak
Specialties and conditions I treat
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemias
- Leukemia, Lymphoid
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Blood Cancers
Locations where I practice
More about my work
University of Texas Anderson Cancer Center
7/1/2003 - 6/30/2006
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Hematology)
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Medicine Oncology)
News about me
- Drug Shows Potential as Safe and Effective for Most Prevalent Form of Adult Leukemia
- Ohio State Hematologist Recognized Nationally With Top 10 Clinical Research Achievement Award
- Ohio State Cancer Research Played a Significant Role in FDA Approval of Important New CLL Drug
- Researchers Identify a "Life-And-Death" Molecule on Chronic Leukemia Cells
- Agent Selectively Targets Malignant B Cells In Chronic Leukemia Study Shows
- Targeted Agent Shows Promise For Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/28/17, Dr. Jones has reported financial relationships with the medical device, research and/or drug companies listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-7802.
- AbbVie Pharmaceuticals
- Celgene Corporation
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Pharmacyclics, Inc.