John Bailey, MD
- Surgical Critical Care
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2876
About MeI am a surgeon who specializes in caring for burn patients through the entire course of their recovery. In addition to comprehensive burn care, I also specialize in hand and microsurgery. I enjoy the combined challenge of critical care, technical challenge and building long-term relationships with patients and their families. It's the best of all worlds!
Offering highly skilled, personalized care is important to me. I care for patients in the same way I would want my wife, kids and parents to be cared for.
I grew up on the family dairy farm just outside of Marysville and graduated from the College of Agriculture, so working here is truly a homecoming. Just like the rest of the University, the College of Medicine is an unbelievable asset. There are a seemingly infinite number of projects, researchers and resources — but it all comes together in a way that feels very personal.
In my free time, I like to enjoy the outdoors. I am an avid bow hunter.
- Collaborative study, benefit of laser modification of burn scars
- Collaborative initiative to offer burn patients laser therapy
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Burns, Electric
- Burns, Inhalation
- Skin Transplantation
- Amputation, Traumatic
- Ambulatory Surgical Procedures
- Dermatologic Surgical Procedures
- Wound Closure Techniques
- Burn Units
- Burns, Chemical
- Abdominal Wound Closure Techniques
- Negative-Pressure Wound Therapy
- Amputation Stumps
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
7/1/1994 - 6/30/1999
Brooke Army Medical Center
9/1/1999 - 6/30/2001
Christine Kleinert Fellowship for Hand and Microsurgery
7/1/2011 - 6/30/2012
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Surgery (Subspecialty: Surgery the Hand)
Trauma, Critical Care and Burn
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Bailey has reported no relationships with companies or entities.