Maria Williams Alexander, PsyD
- Psychologist What's this? A psychologist is extensively trained to help people learn to cope more effectively with life issues and mental health illnesses. They are licensed to provide a number of service, including evaluations, therapy and other evidence-based treatments. A common type of treatment is talk therapy (sometimes called cognitive behavioral therapy), but there are many types of therapy styles.
About MeAs a clinical psychologist, I provide compassionate care and evidence-based treatments for individuals suffering from behavioral and mental health conditions. Every person's situation is unique, and I try to create a supportive and non-judgmental environment where patients are encouraged to engage and ask questions.
I am passionate about empowering and serving others, and I believe the best way to help is through integrative solutions that consider all aspects of an individual. I am humbled by patients’ willingness to allow me to be a part of their life journeys.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center because of the lively energy and supportive atmosphere. It’s nice to be part of an institution that takes pride in its community.
In my free time I enjoy playing word games, reading mystery books, watching comedy and action movies and spending time with my family.
- Article published in “Personality and Individual Differences,” 2005
- Presented at the 25th Annual Great Lakes Counseling Psychology Conference, 2012
- Presented at the ninth Annual Association of University and College Counseling Centers Outreach Conference, 2016
- My research interests include the relationship between emotional intelligence and visceral self-perception as well as exploring emotional communication in black families
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Cognitive Therapy
- Psychology, Clinical
- Behavioral Medicine
Education and Training
More About My Work
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Williams Alexander has reported no relationships with companies or entities.