At the OSUCCC – James, we use the latest technologies in our search for more effective and targeted cancer treatments, then apply our findings to patient care as quickly and responsibility as possible. As a physician and scientist, I have more than 30 years experience in the research and development of therapies for patients with hairy cell leukemia, CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) and other hematologic malignancies. I serve as principal investigator on the NCI-funded Phase I / II clinical trial grant.
My work has been published in medical journals, including Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, Blood, and Journal of Clinical Oncology. I've also been honored with a number of awards, including Best Doctors in America, the Distinguished Alumnus Award from University of Pittsburgh and more recently the The Ohio State University Distinguished Scholar Award.
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian
7/1/1972 - 6/30/1974
Specialties and conditions I treat
- Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Blood Cancers
Locations where I practice
More about my work
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Ctr
7/1/1976 - 6/30/1978
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Hematology)
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Medicine Oncology)
News about me
- John C. Byrd Awarded Prestigious 2015 William Dameshek Prize
- Ohio State Hematologist Recognized Nationally With Top 10 Clinical Research Achievement Award
- Ohio State And Malaysia Centre Join Forces In The Global Fight Against Cancer, Develop Possible Anticancer Drug
- MEDIA ADVISORY -- Ohio State Cancer Experts Available To Provide Perspective On Research Presented At Annual ASCO Meeting
- Targeted Agent Selumetinib Shows Promise In Biliary Cancer
- Renewed Grant Will Continue Leukemia Drug Development
- Second Ohio State Cancer Drug Begins Clinical Trials Testing
- Ohio State Announces Director Of New Medical Oncology Division
- Ohio State Cancer Projects Benefit From Stimulus Funding
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/25/2016, Dr. Grever has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-7802.