Shumei Meng, MBBS, PhD
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 685-3333
About MeAs a general endocrinologist, I treat all endocrine diseases, but I specialize in endocrine disease in solid organ transplant and islet transplant patients. I love my career because it allows me to utilize my previous research experience to manage endocrine disease more thoroughly and completely.
I believe that the core of delivering the most effective care is to build both a strong sense of trust and a caring relationship with each patient. When seeking medical attention, patients explain not only their symptoms, but also their life story. It’s truly a privilege to be a part of my patients’ lives and to help them with their healing processes.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University because here we work together as one big family to achieve excellence in patient care.
In my free time I like to relax with my family, read and enjoy the outdoors.
- Member of the Endocrine Society
- Member of the Islet Transplant Selection Committee at Ohio State
- Medical Student Liaison for Endocrinology at Ohio State
- Transplant Endocrinologist at Ohio State’s Comprehensive Transplant Center
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Pituitary Diseases
- Bone Diseases
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Calcium Metabolism Disorders
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Pancreatic Islets Transplantation
- Goiter, Nodular
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
- Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring
- Thyroid Diseases
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Bone Diseases, Metabolic
- Thyroid Cancer
Locations Where I Practice
Outpatient Care East
Stoneridge Medical Services
Education and Training
Taishan Medical College
University of Mississippi Medical Center
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2010
Johns Hopkins Medical Center
7/1/2010 - 6/30/2013
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism)
Endocrinology and Metabolism
252 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
56 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Meng has reported no relationships with companies or entities.