Here's a list of most frequently asked questions about Community Health Day:
1. Do I need to pre-register?
No. Registration occurs on-site on Saturday, June 24.. Remember, you must be registered by 2:30 p.m. to participate in the health screenings.
2. Is there a cost?
No. Everything is FREE—the health screenings, food, entertainment and parking. It’s all free! It’s our way of giving back to our community.
3. Do the screenings take place outside under the tent?
No. All screenings take place inside CarePoint East in private exam rooms. The outdoor tents are for our health expo and entertainment.
4. Do I have to provide my name and address?
No. The screenings are confidential. But if you do provide your name and contact information it allows us to get in contact with you after the event to discuss possible follow up or doctors you should see based on your results.
5. What if it rains or is really hot on June 24th?
Community Health Day occurs rain or shine! The screenings occur indoors — so no worries there. And our expo and entertainment tents provide protection against inclement weather.
6. Can I bring my children?
Yes, we have entertainment and activities for people of all ages. We offer free sports physicals for school-aged children. We’ll also have face painters, balloon artists and special kid-focused activities from COSI and PBS Kids.
7. Can I choose what screenings I receive?
Yes. We do ask all participants to get a blood draw, Blood Pressure (BP) and Body Mass Index (BMI) check — and we’ll recommend screenings that would be beneficial to you based on a clinical review of your blood, BMI and BP results — but in the end, it’s all up to you.
8. Should I bring my medication?
Yes, it would help our physicians discuss your results and offer a thorough consultation.
9. What’s in the health expo tent?
We’ll have local health and human services groups in the tent to answer questions, provide demonstrations, let you know about other free services you might be eligible for and free healthy food and other giveaways.
10. What’s in the entertainment tent?
This year’s entertainment includes the band MoJo Flo along with yoga demonstrations, line dancers, educational talks and healthy cooking demonstrations. A complete entertainment schedule can be found here.
11. I’d love to tell my church, friends and neighbors about this event. How can I do that?
12. Do I need to fast for any of the screenings?
No, the tests are accurate without fasting.
13. How long will the screenings take?
Depending on the screenings you select, it can take at least one hour for full screenings and results.
14. Is there an age requirement for the screenings?
You must be 18 years or older for the adult screening. For the sports physicals, students from middle school through high school are eligible.
15. Is CarePoint East on the COTA bus route?
Yes, it is. Please visit cota.com/schedules to find the right bus and schedule for you.