How patients benefit from our unique approach
We provide comprehensive care, including diagnosis, treatment, surgery and rehabilitation all in one convenient location. Our team of experts even includes occupational therapists with special training and certification in hand and upper extremity care.
Since Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center, you benefit from:
- Innovative research that makes advanced treatment available to patients
- A depth of medical expertise that increases favorable outcomes
- The newest technologies that help improve results and speed recovery
For instance, microsurgery and the minimally invasive (endoscopic) carpal tunnel surgery our surgeons perform require smaller incisions that can speed recovery. We also provide reconstructive surgery to correct birth defects, disease or trauma, and a full range of other services, from joint replacement to postoperative care.
We provide comprehensive care and rehabilitation for conditions that include:
- Arthritis in the hand and wrist
- Bent/deformed hands or fingers (congenital or traumatic injury)
- Burns in the hand and upper limbs
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (nerve compression in the wrist resulting in numbness in the thumb to ring fingers and weakness and pain in the hand)
- Cubital tunnel syndrome (nerve compression in the elbow with numbness in the ring and little fingers and weakness and pain in the hand)
- Dislocations (joint injuries that force the ends of bones out of position)
- Finger masses
- Fractures of the bones in the hand, wrist and forearm
- Hand/wrist pain from contracture or other conditions
- Nerve injuries or lacerations
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Soft tissue injuries (damage to skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments) due to trauma or cancer
- Sports injuries
- Tendon lacerations
- Tendonitis (inflammation of a tendon) of the wrist and elbow
- Traumatic injuries (crush injuries, severed limbs or nerves, burns)
- Trigger finger or thumb
Contact us today for more information or to schedule a consultation with a specialist.
Hand and upper extremity specialist Sonu Jain, MD, FACS, focuses on the compassionate, thorough and safe care patients receive. He notes the advantages of working in a leading edge research institution, including the ability to offer patients the latest technologies and capabilities, ultimately restoring their ability to use their hands.