- Staff physical therapist
- Director, Sports Physical Therapy Residency program
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science (emphasis: Athletic Training), Creighton University, 2002
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Creighton University, 2005
- Sports Physical Therapy Residency, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2006
- PhD, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2014
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy
- Certified Athletic Trainer since 2002
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Certificate in Health Services Administration
- Licensed Physical Therapist since 2005
Matt has been practicing sports medicine in a variety of settings including collegiate, professional and Olympic venues. Following graduation from physical therapy school, Matt was the first Sports Physical Therapy resident at Ohio State Sports Medicine. During his residency, he treated a variety of athletes in the Athletic Department including members of the football, lacrosse, gymnastics, cheerleading, tennis and softball teams. He also works with USA Women’s Hockey and continues to provide outreach coverage for numerous events.
Matt competes in triathlons and is part of the Endurance Medicine team at Ohio State Sports Medicine. His clinical interests include cyclists and triathletes, especially as it pertains to providing bike fittings as part of his work at our Ohio State campus location. He is the associate medical director for Pelotonia and was the medical director for the Nike Human Race at The Ohio State University. Matt is a member of both “Team Roll:” cycling and multisports teams.
Administratively, Matt serves as the coordinator for the Sports Physical Therapy Residency program and is a faculty member of the Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency program. He has spoken at numerous local, regional and national engagements and is an assistant clinical professor in the Division of Physical Therapy at the university.