Why nutrition is so important:
Nutrition is one of the primary pillars of good health and longevity. We believe the right kind of food is medicine. Nutrients are the fuel that allow our bodies to move, think, repair and detoxify. However, the wrong kind of food can slow down these metabolic processes and diminish our health and vitality. Meeting with our nutritionist will involve a detailed nutrition history - what you typically eat and drink - along with a discussion about your health concerns and current laboratory markers of health or disease. You and the nutritionist will work together to develop a plan that will move you towards better health.
Our nutritionists are adept at helping people with the following health challenges:
- Weight concerns (either under or over-weight)
- High cholesterol or triglycerides
- High blood pressure
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- GERD (Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease)
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Anxiety and depression
- Auto-immune disorders (such as Hashimoto's hypothyroidism)
In addition, we believe prevention is the best medicine. We welcome nutrition wellness visits for the purpose of preventing chronic disease.
Learn more about nutrition from our Advanced Competency Students podcast: