How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to the PM&R Residency Program at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
The PM&R Department participates in the National Resident Mapping Program (NRMP), using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) through the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Application details are available at AAMC’s website, and you can also monitor the status of your application there.
Our department typically interviews applicants beginning in late October and continuing through November and December. We’ll make specific arrangement details individually.
Items required for consideration in our program:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from a PM&R attending)
- Dean’s letter, when available
- USMLE/COMLEX Step 1 scores (upload Step 2 scores when available). Must pass USMLE/COMLEX on first attempt
- USMLE score Step 1 - 215 and above
- COMLEX score - Level 1 - 600 and above
You will have the opportunity to rank one or both of the programs within the NRMP Match. The main difference will be the year you wish to enter the program PGY-1 (categorical) and PGY-2 (advanced) PM&R.
In order to rank both programs through the Match, you must have an application to both programs through ERAS.
NRMP codes for OSU PM&R Programs:
- CATEGORICAL: 1566340C0
- ADVANCED: 1566340A0