Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals living with traumatic injuries to the spinal cord or brain through collaborative innovation in research, rehabilitation and clinical care.
We are committed to developing better treatments for brain and spinal cord injuries. We value a multidisciplinary and interactive culture dedicated to our common goals:
- To improve understanding of the biological mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration and endogenous repair of the central nervous system
- To identify novel targets and promising clinical therapies for individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries
- To develop and improve rehabilitation strategies to maximize recovery and quality of life
- To improve personalized care through identification of biomarkers for differentiation and diagnosis of neurological disorders and their effective treatment
- The CBSCR is not a patient care facility. We are primarily a pre-clinical research center that strives for novel discoveries that will improve the lives of people who suffer a traumatic brain or spinal cord injury.
CBSCR Research Teams are working together to improve our understanding of the biology of brain and spinal cord injury and to develop new and effective treatments to promote recovery and improve quality of life.
Through cutting-edge research, our faculty and staff are advancing the field of neurotrauma in three key areas:
- Neuroregeneration and Plasticity
Acute Traumatic SCI Study
NIH Sponsored Spinal Cord Injury Training Program
695 Biomedical Research Tower
460 West 12th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210