Associate Professor - Clinical
Department of Neurology
Division of Movement
Davis Medical Research Center
480 Medical Center Drive
Columbus, OH 43210
- Advanced therapies for Parkinson disease and Movement Disorders (DBS, FUS, Gene Therapy, Enteral and Sub-cutaneous infusion therapies)
- Neurogenic Orthostatic Hypotension
- Orthostatic Tremor
- Botulin Toxin
Dr. Merola has published journal papers, book chapters and abstracts in the area of Parkinson disease and movement disorders. His main areas of interest include the treatment of advanced Parkinson disease with neurosurgical and infusion therapies. Also, he specialized from both a clinical and research perspective in botulin toxin administration, clinical neurophysiology and autonomic testing.
He regularly serves as a reviewer for peer-reviewed international journals and he is member of the Movement Disorders Society Task Force on Tremor.
Dr. Merola joined The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in the Department of Neurology in 2019.
- MD: University of Torino Medical School in Torino, Italy
- PhD: Universita’ Degli Studi di Torino, Facolta’ di Medicina e chirurgia in Torino, Italy
- Residency: Neurology, Universita’ Degli Studi di Torino, Facolta’ di Medicina e chirurgia in Torino, Italy