Beginning Monday, May 7 and continuing through mid-August 2018, the northbound state Route 315 exit ramp to Medical Center Drive/King Avenue will be closed. Motorists may use Goodale Street to Neil Avenue or Lane Avenue to Olentangy River Road.
Starting Monday, June 11, and continuing through late November 2018, the entrance ramp to southbound state Route 315 at Cannon Drive and 12th Avenue will be closed. Motorists may use Neil Avenue to exit this area of campus. Detour signs will be posted. Visit our location page for updated maps and directions to locations on our Wexner Medical Center campus.
May 7 – Mid-August 2018
- Northbound SR- 315 Exit Ramp to Medical Center Drive/King Avenue Closed.
- Motorists may use the Goodale Street (to Neil Avenue) or Lane Avenue (to Olentangy River Road to King Avenue) exits to approach the Wexner Medical Center.
- The intersection of Cannon Drive and Medical Center Drive will also be closed during this time, however, a temporary roadway will provide access between King Avenue and Medical Center Drive.
June 11 – Late November 2018
- Entrance Ramp to Southbound SR-315 at Cannon Drive and 12th Avenue Closed.
- Motorists may use Neil Avenue to leave the Wexner Medical Center.
- Cannon Drive, south of Herrick Drive, will also be closed during this time.
- Access to the parking lot located north of the South Campus Central Chiller Plant will be available only off of Herrick Drive.
- Access to the North Cannon Garage will only be available via 10th Avenue.
The overlap of the SR-315 on and off ramp closures during the summer months will expedite the opening of the new Cannon Drive and intersection at 12th Avenue. The intersection is expected to open late November 2018, however Cannon Drive, will remain closed between 12th Avenue and Herrick Drive until 2019. Performing the ramp closures separately would have delayed the opening of the new Cannon Drive and 12th Avenue intersection until mid-2019. Dates are weather dependent and subject to change. These closures support the Cannon Drive Relocation project.
Heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic is anticipated on Herrick Drive and Neil Avenue during this work, so motorists should anticipate delays and allow additional time for travel.
Make safety a priority while walking, biking or driving. Be aware of your surroundings when traveling and stop distracting behaviors that may put you at risk. We all share the road and the responsibility. More information about the Cannon Drive Construction can be found here.